Wednesday, July 30, 2008

a trip to the melbourne native plant nursery

Stopped in at the native plant nursery on henry rd in west melbourne while running errands out that way. I bought some replacement purple cone flowers, a blue flag iris (which won't bloom until next year probably, but at least the grounds are good and wet for it to get established) and two small plants that like boggy conditions (the name escapes me now, but I'll include it when I remember). The nursery people are very nice. I wanted a passionflower vine but he didn't have any that were "ready". I'll check on my next trip out in a week or two. Butterflies have been enjoying the dog fennel. I pulled ragweed out of the front when I realized that Chili and Tanner were developing itchiness...a sure sign that the ragweed is back. Hopefully I got it all.

No comments: